Founded by the Child Study Club, the Huron Public Library opened in February, 1933 in an upstairs room on Main Street. In 1943 the library moved to its present location on Williams Street, then a school building owned by the Huron Board of Education. The building and the land fronting Center Street were subsequently purchased by the Library Board of Trustees in 1953. Additions and renovations were done in 1961 and 1978. The addition and renovation of 2000-2002 have created the Huron Public Library of today.
The Huron Public Library is a school district library with its Board of Trustees appointed by the Huron Board of Education in accordance with Section 3375.15 of the Ohio Revised Code.
The Huron Public Library is a member of CLEVNET, a consortium of 44 libraries across 12 counties based at the Cleveland Public Library. CLEVNET members share an online catalog and reciprocal borrowing privileges.
Co-founders, with the Child Study Club, of the Huron Public Library. Back: Marian Hammond, Jean Maxim, Mary Lou McCormick, Ruth Diamond Front: Betty Louise Reed, Betty Jackway, Betty Campbell, Phylis Klein Inset: Betty Wikel